Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Back from Surgery and ready to kick some a**

I know it's been a while, but I have been in a drug induced haze recovering from my surgery. What an ordeal? Who knew that it would take me a week to recover?

Good news and bad news....the cyst was attached to my bowel. They got it, but the right tube could not be completely opened. The left tube is open and ready for business. Both ovaries looked good.

Anyhow, saw Dr. S on Monday and he confirmed everything I already knew, but the statistics he gave me about my chances of getting pregnant made me very sad. I had to leave work early to go home, have a good cry, snuggle with my kitty, and take a big old fat afternoon nap.

I am better. A statistic is a statistic. I feel in every core of my being that I will get pregnant and be a mom. It's just there...a feeling that is real and true. My darling husband, when we discussed IVF, said we'll take out a loan...simple as that. And before I had time to lash out at him, it hit me...we'll take out a loan. Small miracles in pursuit of a loving happy marriage between two adults. ;)

Plan Spring 2008~ 4 rounds on clomid. Waiting for my period to start..and off we go.

My commitment to myself, my husband, and my soon to be conceived baby is that I will remain calm, I will exercise to support that, and I will allow myself to be optimistic..despite some pretty frightening statistics.

xox

3 comments:

Amy said...

Statistics can be a pretty scary thing when you're just starting out in the IF (infertility) world. Hope Clomid does the trick for you, but if not...there are lots of supportive women in the blogosphere who can answer questions and offer their support. ((HUGS)) and Luck to you and your DH.

Jendeis said...

Hi, found you on Mel's Lost and Found (www.stirrup-queens.blogspot.com). I'm glad that the doctor was able to remove your cyst and that you seem to be doing well.

I haven't been around as long as some of the ladies in the IF (infertility) blogosphere, but I can probably point you to people in the know. Good luck to you and your husband on your journey to expand your family!

Dreamer4agift said...

Hi, I also found you through Mel over at Stirrup Queens (Lost and Found) and thought I'd say hello. DH and I have been trying to have a baby (a.k.a. ttc) for over 2 1/2 years. I have had the wonderful experience of 9 rounds of Clomid and none worked for me (woohoo). I'm not starting injectibles....I say all of this to say that I know you don't want to read IF (infertility) blogs, but if you have any questions, feel free to stop by my blog and email or leave a comment and I'll see what I can do to help.

Welcome to our world--hope your stay is short:)